During our visit to Treedom Villas & Vardos in Wilderness, we had some time to explore the area. Here are some of the things that we found were worth doing when you’re in Wilderness:
- The Green Shed Coffee Roastery has brownies to die for and they are not shy with their portion sizes. The rustic, nostalgic feel of this coffee shop lures young and old to have a cuppa under trees decorated with chandeliers.
- Pomodoro is an Italian restaurant just down the street from The Green Shed Coffee Roastery and they serve thin-based pizzas that are out of this world. Their wine list is also not too shabby, with some great South African wines to choose from.
- Another more private place that apparently serves great pizza is The Old Trading Post Guesthouse (en route to the Brownhooded Kingfisher Trail).
- If you’re looking for a restaurant with sea views, Salinas Beach Restaurant is definitely the way to go. We didn’t have a chance to dine there, but we couldn’t resist having a glass of wine overlooking Wilderness Beach. While we were there, we craved the sushi that came out of the kitchen, though…
- A walk on the beach. Wilderness Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and except for the fact that it’s a great beach for swimming, it also boasts some of Wilderness’ most beautiful beach houses and of course lovely sea views.
- Marc, our host at Treedom Villas & Vardos, took us out to the Malachite Bird Hide and what a treat! The tranquility of it all was absolutely magical.
- The Map of Africa Viewpoint was a bucket list item I wanted to tick off, so before we headed home, we went up to see what it’s all about. Located just across from the launching site for those paragliders that kept gliding across the beach and making us jealous, was the viewpoint overlooking an island in the shape of Africa. It’s beautiful and definitely worth a #travelgram shot.
- Take a hike. Wilderness is renowned for its beautiful hiking trails. We got to do the Brownhooded Kingfisher Trail – a rather easy hike with beautiful scenery and a waterfall.
Wondering where to stay when you’re in Wilderness? READ MORE ABOUT OUR FREEDOM AT TREEDOM VILLAS & VARDOS HERE.