We’ve all heard that there are benefits to using CBD. People use it for pain relief, inflammation, stress, anxiety and even insomnia and it is increasingly becoming a popular alternative to treat a whole range of conditions. Research shows that almost 62% of CBD users reported using it for a medical condition, without experiencing serious side effects.
In a time where more and more people opt for the holistic approach and where we are all a little more anxious due to pressures from the pandemic and the pandemonium it’s caused, it is good to educate yourself when it comes to alternative treatments for certain conditions. Here are five benefits of CBD that you might not have known about.
- CBD relieves pain and inflammation. It has been reported to relieve three types of pain, including inflammatory pain, nociceptive pain (caused by damage to tissue, muscles or joints) and neuropathic pain.
- CBD reduces stress and anxiety. We all suffer from some level of stress, but continuous stress may cause serious health issues. CBD has anxiolytic properties, meaning it relieves anxiety caused by stress, along with other stress symptoms like muscular tension, poor concentration, restlessness and fatigue.
- CBD improves REM sleep. CBD has been proven to improve rapid Eye Movement sleep and other sleep disorders. Insomnia might be something of the past sooner than you think.
- CBD may have neuroprotective properties. CBD’s ability to act on the endocannabinoid system and other brain signalling systems may benefit those with neurological disorders. A lot of research has been done on the use of CBD for the treatment of psychiatric and mood disorders, as well as post-traumatic stress disorders.
- CBD is a powerful antioxidant. Research has shown that CBD has antioxidant properties that fights free radicals and various diseases.
Adcock Ingram’s range of ADCO CBD products is trusted and reliable and they include ADCO CBD STRESS, ADCO CBD DAILY and ADCO CBD PAIN. You can find these products from selected Clicks and Dis-Chem stores, as well as selected independent pharmacies and online stores.